1. Low density: The small plastic density is of great importance for reducing the weight and energy saving of mechanical equipment, especially for vehicles, ships, aircrafts, and space vehicles.
2. High specific strength and specific stiffness: The absolute strength of plastic is not as high as that of metal, but the density of plastic is small, so the specific strength (σb/ρ) and specific stiffness (E/ρ) are quite high. In particular, reinforced plastics made of various high-strength fibrous, flake-like and powdered metals or non-metal fillers have higher specific strength and specific rigidity than metals.
3. Good chemical stability: Most plastics have good resistance to acids, alkalis, salts, water and gases. Under normal conditions, they do not react chemically with these substances.
4. Electrical insulation, thermal insulation, and soundproof performance.
5. Good wear resistance and self-lubrication: The plastic has a small friction coefficient, good wear resistance, good self-lubrication, plus high specific strength, low transmission noise, and it can be used in liquid media, semi-dry or even dry friction. Work effectively under conditions. It can be made into machine parts such as bearings, gears, cams and pulleys. It is very suitable for occasions with low speed and low load.
6. Strong bonding ability.
7. Molding and coloring performance is good.