The sealing tape for uPVC doors and windows needs to have important functions of waterproofing, sealing and energy saving. It has the functions of sound insulation, dustproof, antifreeze, and warmth. At the same time, it also has strong tensile strength, good elasticity, and better temperature resistance. Aging resistance. At present, the sealing strip market generally includes modified PVC, vulcanized EPDM rubber sealing strips and thermoplastic EPDM/PP rubber strips.
Classification and characteristics of PVC door and window sealing strips
According to statistics, building energy consumption has accounted for 27.5% of the terminal energy consumption of the whole society, and the energy lost through the gaps around loosely closed doors and windows usually accounts for about 37-40% of the building's energy consumption. Therefore, it is very important to improve the sealing performance between the PVC frame and the glass, especially between the PVC window frame and the window sash.
1. Modified PVC strip
Modified PVC strips: The price is relatively low. Due to the difference in quality, low-end products use waste materials, substitute plasticizers and high filling levels, resulting in poor elasticity of the strips, easy to hard, nasty, easy Migration makes the frame material yellow and has a short service life. As PVC products contain halogens and heavy metals in stabilizers, they are not conducive to environmental protection. Therefore, developed countries abroad and domestic Beijing and coastal cities have eliminated or restricted the use of PVC strips.
2. Vulcanized EPDM sealing strip
Vulcanized EPDM rubber sealing strip: It is stronger than PVC strips in terms of sealing elasticity and durability, but due to the need for microwave vulcanization line shaping, processing energy consumption is high, usually more than 20 times that of PVC processing, and the product cannot be reused. It is not environmentally friendly and is not a product advocated by the state. Therefore, the basic door enterprises do not use it.
3. Thermoplastic EPDM sealing strip
Thermoplastic EPDM rubber sealing strip The sealing strip is a new material developed in recent years from the introduction of foreign technology and domestic independent research and development. It is mainly used for automotive PVC door and window sealing strips. In recent years, it has been used for building doors and windows. sealing strip.
Its outstanding advantages are:
①The performance and service life are equivalent to those of vulcanized EPDM rubber seals.
②The processing energy consumption is lower than that of vulcanized EPDM strips (equal to PVC).
③It does not contain heavy metals such as halogen and lead, and it can be recycled after a few years, which meets the requirements of green building materials.
④The proportion is small (only 0.9-0.95) and the window rate is high. It seems that the purchase unit price is high, and the actual use cost is low. This product has been rapidly developed in the use of building doors and windows in recent years.
Its product characteristics are:
1. Light bulk density, high expansion and contraction strength, no water absorption (replacement of traditional three-oil four-felt, asphalt wood fir board and other materials). The product is environmentally friendly, easy to construct, and has good anti-seepage, anti-leakage and water stop effects.
2. Corrosion resistance, aging resistance, high and low temperature resistance +80℃~-45℃, no flow, no deformation, no embrittlement, long service life.
3. It has an independent open-cell bubble structure, and the appearance of the special-made joint board is a honeycomb-shaped hole evenly distributed, and it can be tightly bonded with cement/sealant without being roughened, adapting to changes in natural expansion and contraction, and strengthening the joint The effect of sealing expansion and water stop.